RAM stick causes occasional image loss/Turn off.

David Sanist 20:52 02 Mar 2018

About once a month or two, my PC will shut down and upon restarting it, there will be no image displayed on the monitor, despite seemingly booting up just fine.

Furthermore, the USB led lights will stay on even if i remove the connected keyboard and mouse.

Taking a specific one of the two X8GB Ram sticks out and turning the PC on will make the image display once again on my monitor and work just fine.

I can then turn it off and re-insert the second RAM stick and it will be recognized and work perfectly for about a month, at which time it will happen again.

Switching the ram sticks to different slots will still cause the same ram stick to cause the issue so i am to assume it is the ram stick itself that is causing it.

Any ideas why an otherwise perfectly working RAM stick may be causing this and why it only seems to happen sporadically once every month or two?

rdave13 21:32 02 Mar 2018

check your Windows 10 PC for memory problems well worth trying out as the problem seems to be a ram module or ram socket problem. Hopefully a ram module problem as assuming both modules are seated properly.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 6 (2018) review

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment retrouver son code Wifi ?