ram

[email protected] 17:56 18 Mar 2007

hello again im back, after an afternoon disecting my pc's history re the restart when cold and beeping, i have gone through logs and kept seeing boot failure references.
now when all 4 of my 512 modules are in place, nothing can find a fault, i have however tried them seperately in slot 1, and 1 fails everytime. so i think i have solved my problem, which brings with it another dillema, since i had my pc the pc always got 'unusually slow' or similar on benchmark tests, i thought it was because its 533 ram, but now i have remove the bad module and have only 3 remaining, i get full marks for it! so, my question:
how long should ram last (no moving parts) it looks like i bought it faulty so should the shop exchange it (bought 3 of them together) and finally would my system support faster ram ie 800, would it make any performance difference
ta
adam

[email protected] 18:03 18 Mar 2007

btw, my problems started straight after doing a burn in test, so i guess it was weeked by the test, i was testing my cpu max temps, but it tests everything and did advise any weak parts could be damaged, "please tick here to agree not to sue"
i used sandra test, but im glad i did as i know everything else is ok and it highlighted my ram problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?