Radeon Sapphire Trixx Overclocking Utility.

  Acer-1 21:37 23 Jan 2006

I have brought and installed a Radeon Sapphire 9550 256mb Graphics Card and it came with a Overclocking Utility Called "TRIXX".

Anyway it has set profiles for what you want the graphics card to do for example.

Standard - well everything is standard lol

Performance - Makes the card run at best for your computer.

Extreme - Makes the card and fan run at max for the maximum performance.

Silent - makes the card and fan run at the quietest possible.

Custom - set all the settings yourself.

Anyway i set my graphics card from standard to performance and it makes my computer run faster.

But i was just wondering would having it on this setting all the time damage the card / pc ?.

oh and 1 other question would going from 768mb or DDR RAM to 1512mb make a noticable difference ?.

  hzhzhz 22:58 23 Jan 2006

re. card click here

  Acer-1 15:51 24 Jan 2006

Thats A Preview of the Software which i have seen before. And Unfortunatly does not answer my question.

  Mr Mistoffelees 16:15 24 Jan 2006

"When you choose "Performance" or "Extreme" for the first time, you will be asked if you want to run the maximum detection test. Using these profiles is only possible after running this test, which establishes a safe frequency limit for your video card."

Based on the above, and bearing in mind that the Trixx software comes from the manufacturer of your card, I should think that you will be OK. However I would steer clear of the extreme setting as that will stress the card.

  Mr Mistoffelees 16:17 24 Jan 2006

Whilst pushing your graphics card too hard may damage it, it is very unlikely to harm the rest of th pc.

  Acer-1 19:14 24 Jan 2006

Cheers Mr Mistoffelees

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review

Procreate's iPhone app offers new brushes, a larger canvas and better support for the iPhone 8/X

Best multi-room speakers for iPhone & Mac owners

Streaming : comment regarder le lancement de Xiaomi en France ?