i already have

Bill
Payment
Credit
Refund

thank you
chico

QuizMan 20:57 29 Jun 2009

I have Quicken 2004, but I am not sure that I understand what you are trying to do here. Are you looking to set up a new category? If so it is via Tools>Category list. If this is not what you want can you explain in a little more detail please.

chicopac 07:53 30 Jun 2009

thanks for replying
when you enter a transaction Quicken asks one to select

Bill
Payment
Credit
Refund

under the box you enter a cheque no
i want to enter a Transfer item
the programme suggests a 'Crete New' but that doesn't seem to work

QuizMan 10:03 30 Jun 2009

I am still not sure if I am looking in the right place. When you refer to "under the box you enter a cheque no" is this the second column? If so perhaps I am not seeing the same things that you are. I have a drop down list that is pre-populated with Quicken's choices plus ones I have added my self. But nowhere can I see "bill", "payment" etc, although it does include "transfer" (labelled as TXFR). Maybe we have slightly different versions. Are you sure you have the UK version. Have a look in Help>About. My version is Quicken XG 2004 UK Edition release R2.

chicopac 10:15 30 Jun 2009

Hi Quizman
I have the identical version
and it is the second column
i want to add 'Transfer' and others to drop down list
i would like to revise my list but when i click 'create now' at the top i return to one of the items on the drop down list
tell me how you added to the choices please?

QuizMan 10:24 30 Jun 2009

Perhaps we are not using Quicken in the same manner. I do not see Create New, but when accessing the drop down list, I click on "Edit List" and it brings up various options including "New". This enables me to create what Quicken describes as "User Defined NUM list items". However, as I said previously, TXFR (transfer) is already there as one of Quicken's default options.

Does this help?

QuizMan 11:00 30 Jun 2009

I need to go out now, but if you still need some help, please leave another post and I shall ponder the problem again later.

QM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)