A quick Microsoft security question

Smith2000 08:34 02 Sep 2018
Answered

I recently changed some security details on a few of my Microsoft email accounts, but after doing so, my recent activity log in location and ip address is incorrect in that session. I've tried this many times now and it's only incorrect in the sessions when I've changing security details. Is this normal and does Microsoft log in to another server to save my changed security details?

Taff™ 13:51 02 Sep 2018
Answer

Perfectly normal. My IP address according to them is based in London.

I'm actually nearer Birmingham!

Is it causing a problem?

MJS WARLORD 14:40 02 Sep 2018

I am in chesterfield and STEAM think I am in Manchester lol

Taff™ 14:49 02 Sep 2018

Could be worse ROFLMAO

Let us know when it causes you "Real" Problems - Like they actually phone you up LOL

Smith2000 16:12 03 Sep 2018

I know that from time to time you can get a different ip and location. But my ip and location have been correct constantly apart from those 5 times I altered my security details in various email accounts. After that the ip and location are correct again. It just looks like my activity in those 5 sessions only, was monitored from another ip and location. Am I just being paradion and none of my email accounts are at risk? It was after all me who made the security changes. Is it even possible for someone to monitor my activity on my accounts and have the changed details saved to their ip and location? Sorry for the long reply.

Smith2000 16:15 03 Sep 2018

*paranoid. Sorry typo.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs