Quick Launch menus

Paroxetine 19:26 27 Jan 2003

Hi all,

I have the desktop quick launch on my task bar and I want to add a folder / item to the list so that when i hover the mouse over it, the menu will self propogate just like My Computer and Control Panel do.

How do I go about doing this, I have a folder on my desktop that is a shortcut. What needs to be changed for this to work?

Thanks in advance.

P

^wave^ 19:39 27 Jan 2003

try dragging the icon into the quick launch area

obbit 19:54 27 Jan 2003

right click on icon click create shortcut and drag that icon into quick launch

Paroxetine 23:14 27 Jan 2003

ok, tried that one. Its similar to what i want, but i would want the folder to expand within the desktop menu. Instead all I can do is add the folder to the task bar.

Any other pointers?

DieSse 23:47 27 Jan 2003

There is no way in Windows to do this. It's possible there may be an add-in program, but I can'r find one.

DieSse 23:57 27 Jan 2003

Have you tried creating a floating toolbar?

Right click on the task bar (not the quick launch arae, just a blank area of the regular toolbar). The menu that pops up will have Toolbars at the top - go to this, and on the flyout will be new toolbar - click on it.

Then find the folder you want and click on that - a new section will appear on the task bar - click on the new section and drag it to the desktop - a floating toolbar will appear, which is the contects of your folder.

With a bit of size, shape changing, you have a small, permanent "menu window on the deskyop - in which the items launch as a single click - like the quick launch bar. You can get a lot of lesser used items onto the desktop, in a small space. Not quite what you asked for, but maybe just as useful

Paroxetine 23:58 27 Jan 2003

ok, will have to live with it as it is. Oh the frustration! lol, thanks for the the advice.

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?