Query re version of Windows 10

MPN1A 18:37 21 Apr 2019
Answered

I've just bought a new computer (Acer C22 with W10 Home) and I see that W10 is version 1803. I checked for updates but got nothing except three updates for 1803. Shouldn't all computers now be at 1809?

alanrwood 19:23 21 Apr 2019

Yes you should be on V1809 Keep trying to do a manual update and it might finally work.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:30 21 Apr 2019

Might as well wait for the May update 1905

alanrwood 10:30 22 Apr 2019

I would go along with FB's advice as 10th May is not that long to wait.

wee eddie 12:18 22 Apr 2019

Most Acers are sold through Retailers, which will mean that it has been on the shelf for a while.

Relax: In my opinion, getting 1803 up to speed would be the safest way to accept anyway. I don't doubt that it will download the next batch (1809) in a few weeks time. Is there any real rush

Old Deuteronomy 12:24 22 Apr 2019
Answer

I would go along with FB's advice as 10th May is not that long to wait.

I will not be updating on the 10th May. Give it at least a couple of weeks for any bugs to surface. Set the internet connection to "metered" to enforce the delay as MS's recent form, with regard to serious bugs in major Windows updates, is not good.

MPN1A 18:41 22 Apr 2019

Thanks all. I will just wait and see what MS comes up with. My use is such that I don't see much difference between versions except the occasional security feature. (Apologies to FE: I should really have put this in the Windows Help forum.)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Disintegration preview

Nexus Studios on how to make the perfect animation showreel and portfolio

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Apple Watch Series 5 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs