In PSP what is it called when you"fade" the edges

  [email protected] 23:04 24 Nov 2006

... of a picture. I've done it about 1000 times and my minds gone blank and I can't think how to do it or what it's even called to look it up DOH!
I want to romantically fade the edges of a picture- thanks (usually do it when pasting selection into a new (blank) image)

  Graham. 23:08 24 Nov 2006


  [email protected] 23:11 24 Nov 2006

No that's not it :(
There's a box and the more you increase the number the greater the "Blur" around the edge. It was fairly staright forward up to PSP9 but in X I can't find it or remember what it is called.

  [email protected] 23:16 24 Nov 2006

i just remembered it is feathering :)

  Carpigiani 23:16 24 Nov 2006

Is it Feathering?

  [email protected] 23:16 24 Nov 2006


  [email protected] 23:17 24 Nov 2006

I think we were typing at the same time!

  Carpigiani 23:18 24 Nov 2006

Yea, better to know twice than not at all. :)

  [email protected] 23:18 24 Nov 2006

I agree! Thank-you!

  Brumas 23:19 24 Nov 2006

In PSP7 it is 'Edge Preserving Smooth Dialog Box', is that the one?

  Brumas 23:20 24 Nov 2006

I took too long to post and it was the wrong answer anyway doh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro review: Hands-on

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?