PS2 read disk problems

Europa 22:27 22 Aug 2003

My playstation2 has been functioning perfectly up to today. Now, it wouldn't play any games, it just stop working after a few minutes of gaming, or not at all. It just stops and shows a blue screen. A few years ago, I heard that some ps2 had a fault, and that after 3 or 4 years of using it, it just stops working. Would that be it?
Can anyone tell me whether there are any remedies to the problem or should I simply buy another one?

I thank you in advance.

Europa

Bodi 23:00 22 Aug 2003

Is a cleaning disk - might help.

Other than that I can't think of anything, but this will put you to the top again.

Bodi

Europa 11:42 23 Aug 2003

Thanks Bodi, I already tried with a cleaning disk, and it's still doing the same thing. Strange enough, the problems started with a new game I bought yesterday. After that I had the same problem with all my games.
Thanks anyway
Europa

Amry 11:52 23 Aug 2003

You're playing for a few minutes, than a blue screen showed up, right? Well, it happened to me last year -- it's most probably due to a faulty PS2 fan. You see, if the PS2 overheats, it'll "crash" after a few minutes, giving the blue screen of death. The solution? Either clean out the vent at the back of your PS2, or, if it's out-of-order, replace your PS2 fan.

Hope this helps.

Europa 12:58 23 Aug 2003

Amry, that is exactly what is happening! I will try what you suggested but how much would it cost to replace the fan, in case your last suggestion is necessary, and is it worth it? I heard PS2 repairs could be costly.
Thank you for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?