Program load errors.

jack 20:58 03 Oct 2008

Paint Shop pro , as useful programs as it is is rather prone to lose chucks of its self.
That is the various functions -general tools/Text/ special treatments all seem to be modules bolted onto a core, and from time to time bits go AWOL
The remedy is simply - insert the disk and click on the 'Repair' button -most of the time.
To day the repairs attempts and now a total reinstall from the disk cant find this or that and therefore does not complete a reinstall.
Disk damage perhaps or some form of corruption on my system [XP Pro SP3]
For example MS updates have 'Force Fed the system SP3 -
what do you chaps think?

tullie 21:05 03 Oct 2008

Sorry,a bit dense,dont have a clue what your talking about,im sure someone else will interpret.

jack 05:11 04 Oct 2008

That are many occasions when I read a post and think to my self Wot? ;-] and move on.

How ever in picking and poking and pondering
things are a becoming clearer , but not resolved.
Part way through the repair/ re-installation process I get this warning come up- see pic.

I thought damaged disk!

So I do have other downloaded versions of the
program on an external drive- So try one of those.
Still get the message - so that leads me to conclude it colud be a system problem.
As I said recently M/S has 'force fed'[downloaded and installed SP3 , so could this be a factor?

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

jack 05:12 04 Oct 2008

It won't of course !

jack 10:49 06 Oct 2008

click here

What I have not really established is this a program [as stored on the external drive]/ or disk corruption or a System [XP Pro Sp3] error?

As said earlier System restore simply does not do the business- another sign of a major O/S problem maybe ?

Would perhaps unloading SP3 be of benefit?

jack 14:59 07 Oct 2008

Reading deeper into the error message[which I guess I should have done from the outset] it had become apparent that this is an application error not system- the last sentence is '.... if you cannot locate the patch refer to vendor'
So I did - Corel support- fill in the form, tell them the tale.
Back came the instant reply - they were waiting for me weren't they- Sorry don't support that version any more - see if any of these FAQ's are of help
Then a list of errors numbers but not mine
Then last of all my one.
Oh that! - Download this that should fix it.
So I did- A patch? ---Nah - some patch - 600 megabyte patch.- install it and up come a 30 day trial of PSP12 or FX2 as it is now called.
So question have they been seeding a killer patch to generate sales would you think?
Redundancy by stealth then?

jack 20:02 07 Oct 2008

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?