Program List on Desktop

osben 13:15 30 Oct 2005

Hi

When I click on START then PROGRAMS another window comes up showing a list of all the programs installed. However it only shows a few and to look at the rest I have to click on the twin arrows at the bottom of the list which then expands it to show all programs.

Before I had to reinstal my Windows XP this was not the case, I was able to show the full list without clicking on the double arrows.

I have looked everywhere to be able to configure this but cannot find it and cannot remember what to do.

I have even loaded TweakUI but the facillity doesn't seem to be there either. It'sonly a silly thing I know but it's annoying me not being able to sort it.

Has anyone got any ideas please

Regards

ACOLYTE 13:20 30 Oct 2005

You can set the programs to scroll down or up by right clicking the taskbar selecting properties/start menu/customize/advanced then scroll down the list till you get to network connections,then 6 down from that is a box called scrolled programs tick this and they should scroll up and down.If this is what you mean )

CLONNEN 13:35 30 Oct 2005

Sounds like you have Personalised Menus switched on

Right-click empty space on the taskbar, Properties - Start Menu - Customize - at the bottom of the list (you will have to scroll down) it says Use Personalized menus - untick it and click OK.

Possibly you may have to restart your computer to effect the menu change.

You should now be getting full menus showing in Start - Programs.

ACOLYTE 13:38 30 Oct 2005

I dont see to have that option XP home,although i may have given osben the answer but backwards,lol.

osben 13:48 30 Oct 2005

Hi Acolyte

Thanks for a quick reply.

I have tried doing what you suggest but I get as far as
""then scroll down the list till you get to network connections,then 6 down from that is a box called scrolled programs tick this and they should scroll up and down""

I can't find ""Network Connections"" at all.

However, before clicking on ADVANCED there is a list at the bottom called "Advanced Menu Options" and the eighth one down is "SCROLL PROGRAMS" if this is the same thing then I already have it ticked but that doesn't help overcome it.

Regards

osben 13:52 30 Oct 2005

Clonnen

That sorted it thank you. I remember now. Trouble is when you don't use something very often you tend to forget it (well I do anyway)

Many thanks to you both

Regards

ACOLYTE 13:54 30 Oct 2005

Hmm, i can only assume you are using a different OS to me XP Home,but im glad its sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?