The procedure entry point....winiet.dll PROBLEM

portofcall 22:06 07 Dec 2005

"the procedure entry point internetgetconnected cold not be located in the dynamic link library winiet.dll" I have no access to the internet via aol or IP at the moment. Avast informed me that I had a virus (alert) for win32kuang2 which I deleted. That led to a pop up which for adware program which seemed to take over. I deleted this program and rebooted. Start up screen changed colour to white. Aol icon on tray very faded. I cannot access windows help/support as program "entry point" not available. Also awareSE not allowed. Windows media player starts and then stops. I think I have a virus! But does the problem stem from missing winiet.dll file or something more sinister? If I am missing dll file with no internet access (I'm on someone else's computer at the moment) I'm not sure that a downloadable winiet dll file would help at the moment. I ran avast (slow operation now)...matter of fact, whole computer seems very slow. Ok, that's it. I could re-install windows xp pro but would that solve the issue and still allow me to retain files, folders info without threat of losing due to xp re-install? Thanks.

PaulB2005 22:07 07 Dec 2005

System Restore???

VoG II 22:14 07 Dec 2005

I suspect that your problems are more deep rooted than just missing a .dll file

You can try the System File Checker click here

or run a repair click here which will keep your files intact.

However I suggest that you scan with Ewido click here and a² click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?