probs since worm virus

dfghjkl 20:47 16 Aug 2003

since i got rid of virus my pc seems to take about 2 minutes more to start and to shut down,also it wont remember my log on details for this site and a few others but not for all of them,the whole thing seems unstable,more often than not it freezes on boot up,but when i get it restarted it runs but i seem to be expecting it to crash,will i have to reformat?not the end of the world but a pain all the same,win xp pro,288 ram,i have downloaded and run patch from symantec,and from msn.i cant find virus on pc can u help please

woodchip 20:55 16 Aug 2003

Look's like the easy fast way is to reformat and reinstall if you have all the drivers. But save all you Docs etc. If it's a restore disc it's usually just a restart with the CD in comp. But if it's a complete WinCD then just a normal format and reinstall. Or you could if it's just a WinDisc ?not Restore? run Windows Setup over it's self, then you will not lose anything

mr gee 21:08 16 Aug 2003

have you got coffeecup pop up stopper on ?? if you have clear the check box to clear cookies on shut down

dfghjkl 21:40 16 Aug 2003

i dont have coffeecup,i do have zone alarm,it has been acting strange,it keeps asking me if i want to run and install things that i have already done before,i have a full xp disc i reformatted when i assembled pc about 3 months ago,i dont have mobo driver but xp seemed to have it because it has been running fine up to monday night.also it tells me that i have new programs every time i click start,when i dont,

Chegs ® 22:35 16 Aug 2003

Which version of ZA are u using? I ask as I have just had exactly the same symptoms for the last couple of weeks,even format/re-install of XP only worked for a couple of days.I gave up on ZA Pro 4 and went back to ZA 3025,which I had been using for 12 mths previously.It also updated to 3125 and I had several crashes created by (according to xp's error log)True Vector Monitor,so I went back to 3025 then too.Seems later versions of ZA don't like my puter. :-)

dfghjkl 22:41 16 Aug 2003

i am on free zone alarm,i am to tight to pay for pro,the free one flagged the worm virus,but i let it in in a moment of madness

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)