Problems with VirtuaEarth Plugin

Radiospock 12:15 27 Jul 2006

I've had WorldWind on my computer for some time but was not completely satisfied with the resolution for the area I live in. When I saw the Tip in PCAdvisor in Sept. 2006 about the VirtualEarth Plugin I decided to download and try it. I unzipped the file, installed the proj.dll in the WorldWind folder, created a VirtualEarth sub folder in plugins and pasted the four files as instructed. When I ran WorldWind I followed the instructions, selected `install' and got the `plugins installation' window. Here was my first problem: what went in the `pluginfile/url' box ? I clicked the browse button and went to theWorldWind/Plugins/VirtualEarth
folder and clicked VirtualEarth.resx which put it in the box. I got a `success' report and pressed the `load' button. On restarting WorldWind I got a load of error reports, viz:

Error CS0117: Line 957 Column 6: 'WorIdWind. Menu. MenuBar' does not contain a definition for 'RemoveToolsMenuButton'
Error CS0117: Line 1615 Column 57: ' WorIdWind. Camera. CameraBase' does not contain a definition for 'ProjectionMatrix'
Error CS0117: Line 1615 Column 96: ' WorIdWind. Camera. CameraBase' does not contain a definition for ViewMatrix'
Error CS0117: Line 1615 Column 129: ' WorIdWind. Camera. CameraBase' does not contain a definition for 'WorldMatrix'
Error CS0029: Line 20S9 Column IS: Cannot implicitly convert type 'doublet*/]1 to 'float[V]'
What the hell went wrong ???

Stuartli 12:19 27 Jul 2006

I dropped WorldWind in preference to Google Earth - I felt WW's resolution capabilities are not as good.

€dstowe 12:36 27 Jul 2006

I find this better than either Google Earth or WorldWind.

click here

Stuartli 14:04 27 Jul 2006

I tried it the other night and was somewhat disappointed - it doesn't get as close, at least in my area, as Google Earth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?