Problems with Virgin Broadband.

nerawan 09:24 01 Aug 2007

Yesterday I got the kit to get Virgin broadband. I did the connections and then I called them for activation.The problem is , Internet explorer don,t open any page. The strange thing is , I open COMMAND PROMPT and type IPCONFIG and I get nothing. It just says WINDOWS IP CONFIG. Usually it should say something like MEDIA DISCONNECTED, etc.

I called then back, but they say I was inline for more than an hour and it was a problem with my p.c. No more help.

The connections are o.k. and I re-start p.c. like 6 times but get nothing.

Any idea about what is going on?. Thanks

nerawan 09:48 01 Aug 2007

Yes.Via ethernet.They sent a long cable(like 8 mts). but I use another cable that is only 1 mt long.I can,t go to the browser right now because I'm not at home.
Any idea why I don't get any info with IPCONFIG?. and why you say hitting the cable?

nerawan 20:59 01 Aug 2007

Yesterday I got the4 kit for virgin broadband. I did the connections and then called them for activation.But the problem is INTERNET EXPLORER don,t open any page.

And the strange thing is, I open CONMAND PROMT and type IPCONFIG/ALL and don't get any info. It just answer WINDOWS IP CONFIG. Usually when tere is a problem says thre is a cable disconnected, etc.

I called them back but they say I was inline for nearly 1 hour.That the problem was with my p.c. and didn,t offer any more help.

The connections are o.k. and I re-started p.c. like 6 times but still get nothing.

If I PING any web page ,it says HOST UNREACHABLE.

Any idea what happens. Thanks

nerawan 21:31 01 Aug 2007

I don,t know what your question is. Maybe when you suggested to use the Diagnostic page of the c.p. but I don't understand that. Can you explain?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?