Problems with USB ports on my Laptop

ponytail 10:33 07 Jul 2018

I am having a problem with the USB ports on my Asus K73E.On the L/H side there is a single USB port and I have two mice one works in there the other does not my memory stick and my USB hub also work and tried a new battery in the mouse still the same. On the R/H side there are three USB and nothing seems to work when plugged into one of the ports but everything seems to work in the other two ports.I could probably understand if everything worked on the L/H side and nothing worked in the one port on the R/H side.Any advice appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:28 07 Jul 2018

couple of things to try

Refresh USB Ports Use Drive clean up to remove USB device drive info from the registry click here device manager Uninstall EVERYTHING under the heading USB, reboot the PC let XP find and install new hardware. Your equipment should now be recognised.

Remove all USB devices

Download and run USB device View

Uninstall ALL devices that are shown as not connected.

Reboot the machine.

Plug in your USB device and windows should then find new hardware and reinstall the drivers for the device.

or In

ponytail 14:45 22 Aug 2018

Hi FruitBat apologies for being so long in replying to your reply but unable to find a icon to click on to download the app you suggested.The following is what I get when I click on your link. click here

lotvic 16:28 22 Aug 2018

ponytail, when you have finished reading the section on how to use USBDeview and get down near the bottom you will see the download link

ponytail 10:03 23 Aug 2018

I have just swapped my mouse for one of my wifes as her mouse works in the L/H usb port and my mouse works fine on her laptop.It is just the one port on the R/H side in which nothing works and it does not make a sound when I plug something in so am presuming it is a faulty port.

ponytail 10:25 23 Aug 2018

Is it possible to attach something to a reply

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 3 review

Automatically create thousands of unique variations from one original design with this Illustrator…

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Razer Phone 2