Problems running chkdsk on win 7

Flak999 21:35 08 Jan 2018

Hi again still having complete nightmare with blue screens, so am running chkdsk in the windows environment. I have ticked both boxes to check the disk for errors and also to fix any errors it finds..

It flew through stages 1-3 and then stopped at the segment saying chkdsk is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5) 22% complete (87394 of 265968 files processed)

It has been stopped at this stage for 4 1/2 hours now!

Has it crashed should I reboot the system is this an indication that my hard disk a 7 year old SSD is failing?

I am a bit at a loss to know what to do next! Any help gratefully appreciated.

Flak999 18:19 09 Jan 2018

john Bunyan

Oh, I so wish it was! I am barely getting five mins out of the machine before it blue screens again. Hence my unintelligible postings I am racing against time to post before the crash. I am at a loss as to where to go now!

Flak999 19:08 09 Jan 2018

rdave13

It is STOP: 0x000000F4 followed by loads more numbers. Sometimes this changes, sometimes it runs chkdsk after a restart. It seems like the whole system is collapsing and I really don't have a clue where to start to know how to fix it. I feel like chucking the whole thing into the bin and buying a new one!

Flak999 23:29 09 Jan 2018

Have completed malwarebytes scan in safe mode, nothing found. Have just run sfc /scannow also in safe mode and it is stuck at verification 50% complete and is not moving!

Flak999 23:31 09 Jan 2018

System has just hung whilst in safe mode during the sfc /scannow procedure.

Flak999 23:42 09 Jan 2018

Ok rebooted and completed scannow in safe mode, no violations. No new hardware, new graphics driver, but I uninstalled that and rolled back. Machine still locking up even in safe mode!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

D&AD Awards 2019: Check out the Pencil winners from the year's biggest creative awards

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

iPhone 2019 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs