problems with printer communication

metamorph 23:41 10 Mar 2004

i have just tried to print my essay for uni but got the message that the printer is not communicating with computer, i tried it in different usb2 ports but still no luck, so i tried reinstaling the drivers, still no luck, so i tried to uninstal the lot and reinstall again, but when i tried to remove the printer through the add remove section it said that the printer was waiting to complete a job try uninstaling when its finished, this i dont understand as i have canceled all tasks. any ideas anyone?

i should point out that i had my memory updated today by the shop, and also i keep getting a message every now nand then some thing to do with invalid DDR,and do i want to close or ignore it, could this be related as i havnt done any printing since before this message started appearing about a week ago?
Thanx M
OS. win2000pro with office xp

woodchip 23:48 10 Mar 2004

have you tried the Ctrl+Alt+Del to shut the printer and software down

metamorph 23:57 10 Mar 2004

im not sure which one to stop theres 2 processes in there, LEXBCES.EXE and LEXPPS.EXE

metamorph 23:58 10 Mar 2004

it doesnt show as running in applications

woodchip 23:58 10 Mar 2004

If it's a Lexmark they both look like they need removing

metamorph 00:08 11 Mar 2004

when i try to stop process it says acces denied unable to stop process (Although they doesnt seem to be doing anything??)

woodchip 00:16 11 Mar 2004

Go to start\Run type MSCONFIG press ok then go to startup tab and remove all ticked boxes that have the Lexmark type lettering as above

metamorph 00:20 11 Mar 2004

It says it cannot find file MSCONFIG

woodchip 00:25 11 Mar 2004

then you have problems as MSCONFIG is part of the operating system if you are from win98 up to XP I may be wrong on this but I think it should be part of 2000. Have a look in the windows\system folder

metamorph 00:32 11 Mar 2004

im not realy sure what you meant ive just looked in the file called system in the WINNT file in explorer is that the one you meant? i couldnt find MSCONFIG there anyway. M

metamorph 00:34 11 Mar 2004

there is a file in there called Config

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?