Problems with my wireless mouse

ponytail 13:23 09 Mar 2018

My old mouse finally packed up yesterday so when I was in Tesco's I bought a Trust Wireless mouse model number 18522 but when I got home and unwrapped it fitted the batter and inserted the wireless dongle it did not work could not a on/off switch so today I took it back and got model number 18519 but had the same problem.So went to their website and it says there is no on/off switch on this model.So how do I operate it.Has anyone out there used one of these devices.

ponytail 13:25 09 Mar 2018

Trust.com - Yvi Wireless Mouse - black

ponytail 13:26 09 Mar 2018
  Govan1x 13:36 09 Mar 2018

If the wifi connecter is plugged into a usb2 port try plugging it into a usb3 Port.

AroundAgain 13:42 09 Mar 2018

Hi Ponytail

Sorry you're having problems with your new mouse. I've not used one of these but, on looking at the Specs, via the link you posted, I scrolled down and there is an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) link.

Go to that, scroll down and there is a section 'Usage' where the question 'How to switch it off' and if you click on the down arrow, you will see the answer.

Then scroll further to 'Solving Problems' and click on 'My Trust product is not working' and you'll find a list of things to check through.

I think that's probably the best place to start.

If you still can't get it working maybe you should take it back again. Sorry I can't help more

alanrwood 14:31 09 Mar 2018

Lots of newer mice don't have a power on/off switch.If the mouse loses signal from the computer mouse dongle they power down automatically and only power up again when they re-detect a signal from the computer dongle.

Menzie 17:16 09 Mar 2018

I bought a mouse from my local dollar store that was wireless to use with my Raspberry Pi.

It has no on and off switch and to activate it you have to click one of the mouse buttons. Once that is done it springs to life right away.

Maybe your mouse is like that.

ponytail 07:55 21 Mar 2018

Thanks Menzie I did what you suggested and it worked.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?