problems with micronet Adsl2+ wireless router

emma_evans123 14:46 10 Oct 2008

it got here on tuesday and i still haven't been able to get it to work properly after trying what we consider everything!
we have ticali broadband though the phone line on a hp windows xp using a modem box connecting with a rj-11 to the phone line and a USB to the computer

we wanted to keep the main computer connected with wires beacause it doesn't have a wireless adapter and would be easier, and get my vista laptop wireless using the router...
we got the router sending signals we think because my laptop recognizes it by just says there's an error when trying to connect.
this is just the first step and we are already stuck!
any advise on how to make this work would be great!
thankyou :)

mgmcc 16:39 10 Oct 2008

The combined Modem/Router replaces the USB Modem that you have been using. You need to go into the router's configuration pages and set it up to connect to Tiscali, or you may have a CD which includes a wizard to guide you through the configuration.

Once set up, the main computer can just be plugged in by ethernet cable and it should then have internet access.

With the Laptop, run its wireless software to scan for "Available Wireless Networks", highlight the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and select the option to "Connect" to it. Once "Connected", the Laptop should also have internet access.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

6 great UX design talks you can watch online

How to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 or iOS 10

Musique de Noël : les meilleures chansons en streaming