Problems with McAfee on Android Tablet

RISC OS user 15:07 21 Jan 2018
Answered

I have purchased a Lenovo tablet in past month and set up and activated the Free McAfee protection which was installed by the manufacturer. I believed that I had added the Tablet to my main account with McAfee which I have paid for and is installed on two of my Windows PCs. I have since been advised that the Free installation on the tablet has or will expire today and have been asked to pay for protection, so I asked McAfee to send me a link which was received and I thought I had activated it on the Tablet, but now each time I try to log into my account from the Tablet I am informed that the password is incorrect. I have checked that I am using the correct email address and password for my account be logging on via my Windows PC. How can I remove all traces of the original McAfee and continue with the paid for version which I thought I had installed on the tablet via the link? The tablet seems to have removed the Icon for McAfee from the homepage and everywhere else. I hope this Forum is appropriate for my question!

difarn 21:02 21 Jan 2018

Have you been into settings, applications, found McAfee free and uninstalled from there?

RISC OS user 22:01 21 Jan 2018

I have been into applications and it is listed but not McAfee "free" only McAfee and I am unable to do anything with it.

difarn 10:12 22 Jan 2018

It may be that if it was installed with the tablet you cannot uninstall it in the normal way Have you tried -Settings>Security>Device Administrators to see if it is listed there? If so can you uncheck it?

MJS WARLORD 10:23 22 Jan 2018
Answer

as difarn says look in seetings , all preinstalled apps CANNOT be deleted like on a pc they can only be disabled. Personally I would throw all MacAfee away ( I had paid for ) because I used to use it and after 1 certain update everything locked up , I had to do 1 to 1 chat on pc and when I gave enough proof of who I was they gave me an unlock code. I uninstalled/reinstalled the av but the same thing happened when it got to that particular update so I dumped it. I use paid for Kaspersky and free antimalware bytes.

RISC OS user 17:26 22 Jan 2018

Thank you both, I seem to now have a working app for my paid for McAfee.

difarn 21:06 22 Jan 2018

Glad its sorted.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?