Problems with McAfee on Android Tablet

RISC OS user 15:07 21 Jan 2018
Answered

I have purchased a Lenovo tablet in past month and set up and activated the Free McAfee protection which was installed by the manufacturer. I believed that I had added the Tablet to my main account with McAfee which I have paid for and is installed on two of my Windows PCs. I have since been advised that the Free installation on the tablet has or will expire today and have been asked to pay for protection, so I asked McAfee to send me a link which was received and I thought I had activated it on the Tablet, but now each time I try to log into my account from the Tablet I am informed that the password is incorrect. I have checked that I am using the correct email address and password for my account be logging on via my Windows PC. How can I remove all traces of the original McAfee and continue with the paid for version which I thought I had installed on the tablet via the link? The tablet seems to have removed the Icon for McAfee from the homepage and everywhere else. I hope this Forum is appropriate for my question!

difarn 21:02 21 Jan 2018

Have you been into settings, applications, found McAfee free and uninstalled from there?

RISC OS user 22:01 21 Jan 2018

I have been into applications and it is listed but not McAfee "free" only McAfee and I am unable to do anything with it.

difarn 10:12 22 Jan 2018

It may be that if it was installed with the tablet you cannot uninstall it in the normal way Have you tried -Settings>Security>Device Administrators to see if it is listed there? If so can you uncheck it?

MJS WARLORD 10:23 22 Jan 2018
Answer

as difarn says look in seetings , all preinstalled apps CANNOT be deleted like on a pc they can only be disabled. Personally I would throw all MacAfee away ( I had paid for ) because I used to use it and after 1 certain update everything locked up , I had to do 1 to 1 chat on pc and when I gave enough proof of who I was they gave me an unlock code. I uninstalled/reinstalled the av but the same thing happened when it got to that particular update so I dumped it. I use paid for Kaspersky and free antimalware bytes.

RISC OS user 17:26 22 Jan 2018

Thank you both, I seem to now have a working app for my paid for McAfee.

difarn 21:06 22 Jan 2018

Glad its sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe unveils dream prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Comment utiliser la fonction SI sur Excel ?