Problems Dual booting Windows on Macbook Pro.

jamesmull1 12:57 08 Nov 2016

Hey there!

So, recently I decided that I wanted to dual boot windows on to my Early 2013 13 inch Macbook Pro so that I could run certain programs that have problems/don't work at all on OSx. I bought myself a windows 10 product key (at an excellent price), downloaded the windows 10 iso and started the process on boot camp assistant. I got all the way to partitioning the drives, set the partition I wanted and clicked go. The status bar kept moving and I got all the way to the restart and then I had problems. When the computer restarted it just stayed at a blank screen and wouldn't go any further. I've tried creating the boot drive on the usb several times and even left it on this blank screen over night to make sure it wasn't just being particularly slow but it still won't get past this blank screen and i end up having to restart my mac, deleting the partition that i started and beginning again, with no results.

Any ideas? I'm alright with technology as I have built my own computer etc but my knowledge of software is quite limited.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, James

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs smartphones Honor