Problems creating an IN CD DVD

MartynHoll 22:10 06 Oct 2003

I have just tried to format a DVD +RW with In Cd and at the end of formatting, it tells me that the CD may be damaged or the wrong format. I have tried 2 different DVDs and I get the same message!

Rtus 22:22 06 Oct 2003

Can you advise which Drive Model your using And Which Operating System ?

MartynHoll 07:16 07 Oct 2003

I have a Pioneer DVR 106 DVD writer/reader and am using Windows XP Home.

stlucia 08:48 07 Oct 2003

Am I missing something? You're using InCD, and the error message says that the CD is the wrong format, but you're trying to burn a DVD?

Does your version of InCD do DVDs, or do you have to make a manual selection of media type?

Rtus 18:47 07 Oct 2003

Ok What options are given in The Recorder >choose recorder Menu ? are you sure it lists the dvd writer and not just a CDRW drive make that the first check & then post back..

The Sack 19:09 07 Oct 2003

A DVD+RW should format in under a minute as it uses background formatting. If you are using InCD V.4 see if you can get hold of InCD version 3. I have had nothing but problems with every single release of 4 and have found myself falling back to version 3.5.24.0 every single time.

MartynHoll 11:20 08 Oct 2003

stlucia - yes IN CD recognises my DVD drive and will format a DVD - it formats in less than a minutes then comes up with the error.

The Sack

Where do I find version 3.5.24 - it's not on the NERO site!

MartynHoll 11:20 08 Oct 2003

stlucia - yes IN CD recognises my DVD drive and will format a DVD - it formats in less than a minutes then comes up with the error.

The Sack

Where do I find version 3.5.24 - it's not on the NERO site!

MartynHoll 16:44 08 Oct 2003

I have now downloaded from NERO the latest version of IN CD (4.0.5.6) and also a utility called INCD Clean Tool. I will run the clean tool and then do a new install of IN CD and see what happens!

MartynHoll 22:13 09 Oct 2003

Problem solved - I deleted IN CD by using INCD Clean Tool, I then installed the new version. I then formatted the disk using Nero Express (full format) and was then able to format the disk as an IN CD disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?