Problems burning video CD

Soapy-77 20:37 26 Nov 2003

Please help. I am trying to burn a video CD using MGI Video Wave v5, which I successfully managed to do last week. However, today, when it apears to be half way through the process, I get the following error message:

SCSI Error: Check Condition SKey: Illegal Request ASC: 36 ASCQ:0

Anybody got any ideas what this is? I am attempting to burn stored DV clips (stored as MPEG2 format). Like I say, I thought it may be a compatability problem (e.g. perhaps I should burn MPEG1 or AVI formats only to Viedo CD) but I managed to burn MPEG2 format files last week and watch them on my DVD player very successfully.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Cheers
S-77

MichelleC 21:24 26 Nov 2003

What burning prog are you using? Roxio?

dazzling (work) 21:27 26 Nov 2003

should you not be burning svcd with mpeg 2 files?darren

Soapy-77 22:02 26 Nov 2003

I am trying to burn using the MGI Video Wave program itself. I also have Roxio (Nero).

Am I right in thinking that VCD can only take MPEG 1 format, and not MPEG2 (which is for SuperVCD or DVD)?

Mr_Nice_Guy 22:29 26 Nov 2003

DVD takes mpeg2 which are quite large to fit to a compact disk i must say. I would suggest converting to mpeg 1 and then creating your vcd. dont know how you managed it last week.

Bapou 22:37 26 Nov 2003

I have a similar problem with Ulead's VideoStudio 7. Creating a VCD and burning with the program does not work for my standalone DVD player.

I render to VCD, save the file then copy to CD with Nero as a data file which will play in the DVD Player.
A helpful place is:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?