Problems with BT Voyager USB ADSL modem

Hobbit 16:22 28 Apr 2003

I have had loads of problems getting my modem to work properly and after two weeks speaking to BT tech desk they gave up and told me to buy a different modem. I have got it working but it takes about 2-10 minutes to get a link. I get the error message below in the Event Viewer. Anyone seen it before?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 28/04/2003
Time: 08:33:17 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The BT Voyager ADSL Modem Loader service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

graham√ 16:38 28 Apr 2003

Is BT your ISP? This sounds like an Exchange fault to me. Insist to your ISP that you require a fault to be raised on your line to that effect. Be wary of of any mention of a home visit, or they may send a bog-standard engineer (no offence, BT engineers) and charge you for the pleasure should the line test OK.

Hobbit 16:40 28 Apr 2003

BT is my ISP and they did a line test from their end is that not the same?

graham√ 16:49 28 Apr 2003

No. My BB refused to connect after only 5 days of service. Went round in circles with AOL until I insisted they raise a fault with BT. Within hours it was fixed. Not saying your situation is the same but worth a try.

Hobbit 16:52 28 Apr 2003

I will try it out. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?