Problems with BSOD, don't know what to do???

Minko91 11:46 29 May 2018

So long time I was dealing with these BSODs sometimes they are there sometimes they aren't, somehow I learnt to live with them xD, but lately it's been horrible, so after update on latest windows 10 update but I roll back to previous version 1709, OS Build 16299.461, because it's little easier to work on this version.

(For the record I'm using adobe illustrator, photoshop, xd for work)

From the fixes from google I tried memtest for RAM, sfc /scannow for system, I checked driver updates they are all up to date, not long ago I checked HDD, In my opinion it has to be something with cpu or motherboard but I really don't know

These are the specs and event viewer logs from bsod I put them all together in one folder:

click here help would be appreciated Happy

Thanks

Any

Secret-Squirrel 09:22 30 May 2018

..............and event viewer logs from bsod........

Those Event Viewer entries have nothing to do with your BSoDs so they're no help at all. You need to upload the crash-dump files that should have been created when your computer blue-screens:

Head over to the Windows\Minidump folder and check that it contains files with a .dmp extension. If you have any then upload the three most recent and I'll analyse them for you.

Archie44 09:47 30 May 2018

this might help

Bsod utubey

Forum Editor 09:59 30 May 2018

This may be associated with Photoshop/Illustrator and your graphics processor - it's not uncommon.

Let's wait to see what's in your Minidump folder.

Minko91 12:08 31 May 2018

So I was without PC for 2 days, little less, beacuse I had my friend to clean him with compressed air and to change thermal paste, and now I went to minidump and there's nothing, so I guess I'll have to wait for another crash, if it doesn't happen does that mean it was because overheating CPU or....?

Thanks for being nice I will let know you the updates :)

Minko91 15:05 31 May 2018

I guess I didn't have to wait for long I was doing in AdobeXD while it happened,

click here guess these are the right files xD

I

wee eddie 16:06 31 May 2018

You haven't told us anything of the age, or specification, of your PC?

Minko91 17:00 31 May 2018

Inside that link I put speccy txt file where it says everything:

Summary Operating System Windows 10 Education 64-bit CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ 52 °C Windsor 90nm Technology RAM 4,00GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (5-6-6-18) Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. M2N (CPU 1) 48 °C Graphics W1941 ([email protected]) 20M35 ([email protected]) 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc) 42 °C Storage 298GB Hitachi HDT725032VLA SCSI Disk Device (SATA ) 39 °C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 SCSI CdRom Device Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device

wee eddie 18:12 31 May 2018

I'm no expert but that looks old and very underpowered. It's probably been updated to W10 from Vista. I guess that that's where your problem is

Secret-Squirrel 08:15 01 Jun 2018

Thanks for the file Minko.

Unfortunately the results are inconclusive. The type of BSoD was "PAGE-FAULT-IN-NONPAGED-AREA" and my software said that it "Could not read faulting driver name" so no specific culprit was identified.

Here's the Microsoft webpage for that particular problem including some possible fixes. Running a thorough disk check may help and also checking the Event Viewer logs for "Critical" events that occurred immediately before the BSoD occurred may help identify the cause.

If you get another BSoD then you can upload its crash-dump file again because it may prove more helpful.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

16 illustration tips for packaging

Best external graphics cards (eGPUs) for Mac

Les meilleurs antivirus pour Mac (2018)