Problems booting from USB stick

Jon Malmsten 07:55 12 Dec 2018

My computer is booting straight into blue recovery screen with winload.exe error (broken MBR i think) and I cant get it fixed. I've tried few bootable usb sticks with windows 10 but it seems my computer wont boot from them. This is totally new problem for me ever to come around.

Tried to make USB's with Windows Creation Tool. Also downloaded the ISO and used rufus to make two different setups one for MBR and NTFS and one for GPT and FAT32. Either one didnt wanted to boot up.

Boot sequence doesnt make a difference, neither booting through the boot menu. Have tried updating BIOS, pulled the CMOS battery out for a few minutes, disabled Fast Boot, Secure Boot and CSM, also tried CSM on auto mode, didnt make a difference.

I've read up many forums about the problem with some people getting it solved but I just cant get pc to boot from USB so I could start the repair or Command prompt to manually fix the MBR.

Anyone had similiar problem? Anyone have any ideas for a solution?

I'm a helpdesk person myself but this is beyond my understanding.

If it means anything the motherboard in use is ASUS A68HM-PLUS with UEFI BIOS.

Jon Malmsten 12:06 14 Dec 2018

Update if anyone is having same problems. Guilty was faulty RAM.

KEITH 1955 15:53 14 Dec 2018

once you get to desktop type memory diagnosis into search box and run the program , you say changed faulty ram but this program will tell you if you have another faulty one that you don't know about.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?