Problems - Beta.1 version "Microsoft Anti-Spyware"

eego 14:52 12 Jan 2005

I recently downloaded and installed this Anit-Spyware and found that I then experienced problems in activating my "Firewall". The software itself worked well and identified several items that Ad-Aware SE apparently missed.
Has anyone else used this version of software and have they experienced the same problems, and if so is there an obvious fix.

Jackcoms 15:11 12 Jan 2005

At the risk of sounding contrite, please note the use of the word "Beta" in the name of this software.

Personally, I always avoid ANY software until the word "Beta" disappears from its title.

rawprawn 15:16 12 Jan 2005

I have been using it for about 1 week with no problems with Zone Alarm Free Version. I thought that the full version should be available by now, but I haven't seen it.

ChrisRLG 16:47 12 Jan 2005

Because it is a beta you should be reporting any faults etc to the beta monitoring staff, or you should not be doing the beta testing.

This is a update to the giant anti-malware programn that M$ purchased before Christmas. It does have some false positives in its set up that have not been ironed out yet. So what it found that Ad-aware (or spybot) did not, may be just that, false positives.

Taw® 19:14 12 Jan 2005

I have been running for over a week now with no ill effects, but as stated it is a beta so it may cause problems with some configurations and not with others.

eego 19:23 12 Jan 2005

Thank you all for your contributions, although I must make it clear that I never intended criticism of the software but merely to point out one specific problem in the hope that someone else may have had the same experience and could suggest a solution. However in future I shall probable take the advice given by
"Jackcom & ChrisLRG" and leave BETA stuff alone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?