problem using Tiscali webmail address bk

palinka 16:45 15 Jul 2009

A friend has this problem and trying to sort it out for her I discovered I have the same problem: suppose a name is in the webmail address book (eg John for someone called [email protected]); if I type John when I want to send John an email I get an error message that the name is unknown - and I have to type the full email address instead. It's very irritating.Has anyone found a solution to this, please?

Stuartli 17:04 15 Jul 2009

Does the Tiscali webmail service actually feature an AutoComplete mode?

It doesn't with TalkTalk's webmail as I've just checked out of curiosity.

palinka 17:11 15 Jul 2009

I see what you mean Stuartli; that hadn't ocurred to me and I don't know the answer. BUT I use Windows mail on my main PC and that doesn't have AutoComplete either, but it still finds the address in the address book if I type the name (not the email address)that I've given to that person. It's THAT aspect that is the irritation with Tiscali webmail, so I hadn't seen it as an AutoComplete problem

palinka 17:20 15 Jul 2009

perhaps my invented example wasn't the best choice to explain the problem - try this instead:
If my friend is called John Smith and his email address is [email protected] , I enter him in the webmail address book as John Smith and list his email address.
What annoys me is that I can't just type John Smith when I want to send him an email.
I suppose it IS an auto complete issue - if so, have any other Tiscali users got a solution?

palinka 20:22 16 Jul 2009

anyone??

palinka 17:01 22 Jul 2009

Been trying it out and it looks as though this is a webmail issue with ALL webmails ; applies with Pipex as well. just have to live with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?