Problem typing name in email 'To' space.

indego 11:41 17 May 2019

Hello I have a HP A17 Windows 10 laptop and when sending mail, the recipients name does not auto enter after typing the first letter, like it used to. This happens no matter how the first letter is entered, whether it be lower or upper case. Even after inserting the full name of the intended recipient is input, nothing happens. There are issues when using the Backspace button to delete the recipients name. The cursor does not erase the input letters. This is achieved by placing the cursor in the space provided for the actual email, at which point the letters in the 'To' space become sort of hi lighted accompanied by a x. Moving the cursor up the 'To' space I can erase the letters in there. I've done a virus scan but nothing shows. I thank you in anticipation of your help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:19 17 May 2019

Is this windows mail r another email client?

KEITH 1955 17:08 17 May 2019

what email program are you using , I use mozilla thunderbird , try uninstalling your email program in case its got corrupted and run ccleaner on cleaner and registry tabs before re-installing , also examine your address book to see if that has got corrupted.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Les meilleurs smartphones Android (2019)