Hot Topics

Problem with sound with embedded videos

aphrodite42 16:50 19 Mar 2020

Desktop PC running W10 Pro purchased 8/2/20 with Creative Soundblaster Audigy soundcard. I have connected two speakers which worked OK on my W7 PC.

Playing music stored on PC is no problem but if I try to run videos (i.e. news items) or live TV on BBC website the sound is distorted and/or goes altogether. Don't know where to start to try to resolve this. Any help would be appreciated.

x13 17:54 19 Mar 2020

In your browser find the setting for 'use hardware acceleration when available' and untick it. See if that helps.

aphrodite42 22:19 19 Mar 2020

Turned off 'use hardware acceleration' - unfortunately no change. Sound is OK for about 10 secs then becomes muffled (like underwater) and then fades altogether.

x13 08:02 20 Mar 2020

If you've logged in to your gmail/YouTube account then right click a video and select 'Troubleshoot playback issue' then you can describe your issue and send to YouTube. Whether they'll help or not is another matter. Check your audio drivers are up to date and try another browser.

aphrodite42 11:27 22 Mar 2020

Thanks for input x13. Think I have solved the problem - I had sound set-up settings for 5.1 surround sound whereas I have only 2 speakers. I have tried a couple of videos and OK so fingers crossed this has put it right.

x13 11:40 22 Mar 2020

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you sorted it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Save a staggering 82% when you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro now

Akira art show continues in absence of virus-hit Olympics

Annoying bug makes Mail gatecrash your Mac screen

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans