Problem with result of right clicking on files

Allan RISC OS user 12:24 19 Apr 2006

I am having a problem with Windows Explorer, If I try to delete a file using the "RED CROSS" almost every time I
get an error message headed "Windows Explorer has encountered and error and needs to close" if I then click on either send or not send
I will get another error "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered
a problem and needs to close" the screen then freezes, or if I can move any of the items displayed they leave a trail and will fill up the screen, but I can do no other work. To over come this I have to press Ctrl-Alt-Del and then click on Processes tab and select Drwtsn32.exec and end the process, this will give me back control with out the loss of data. I have also tried to carry out the above and found the only way out was to restart the computer. The problem also arises when a file is right clicked|
I appears to me that the problem is with either Windows Explorer or Dr Watson or both, can you please advise how I can repair these without having to re install Windows XP home, and all the programmes I have installed as it would be a very lengthly operation not to mention the associated down loading of patches and security updates since service pack 2

Can any one help me Please!

johnnyrocker 12:28 19 Apr 2006

if you have the xp disk, go to start/run and type in sfc /scannoww and insert disk when asked, this will replace any corrupt files and may solve your prob.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 12:32 19 Apr 2006

one w oops.

scannow

johnny.

VoG II 12:39 19 Apr 2006

click here (possibly).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?