Hot Topics

Problem pairing up powerline adapters

ponytail 12:29 11 Jul 2019

I have just received a triple pack of Powerline adapters model number TP-Link TL-PA8010P AV 1200 Passthrough.I do not appear to have any instructions.I know I have to plug two adapters in near to each other then press the pairing button on one for a minute and then press the pairing button on the second one.But all I have is the green power light on and no other lights on.Could someone explain what the pairing procedure is.Have printed off some TP Link instructions but not very clear.

john bunyan 13:11 12 Jul 2019

Press the pair button on the adapter near the router and then quickly press the button on The unpaired one

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:48 12 Jul 2019

Press the pair button on the unit for approx 2 seconds and the power light will flash

with in 2 minutes press he pair button on the one connected to the router for a couple of seconds until it flashes

a few minutes later the leds will stop flashing and all leds should be lit on all three units.

ponytail 06:34 13 Jul 2019

As these were refurbished I did not get any instructions with them and no quick start guide.

simonjary 07:50 13 Jul 2019
  ponytail 08:16 13 Jul 2019

I have just done what john bunyan suggested and the three lights are now showing on the three adapters so I am presuming all three are working.Thanks for the help and am just going to download the manual.

wee eddie 11:16 13 Jul 2019

Well done and Good Luck

john bunyan 12:00 13 Jul 2019

Thanks for the feedback; well done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Celebrate all those times brands took a stand (for good PR)

New iPad Pro (2020) release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2020)