Problem pairing up powerline adapters

ponytail 12:29 11 Jul 2019

I have just received a triple pack of Powerline adapters model number TP-Link TL-PA8010P AV 1200 Passthrough.I do not appear to have any instructions.I know I have to plug two adapters in near to each other then press the pairing button on one for a minute and then press the pairing button on the second one.But all I have is the green power light on and no other lights on.Could someone explain what the pairing procedure is.Have printed off some TP Link instructions but not very clear.

ponytail 12:33 11 Jul 2019

This is what I down loaded click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:46 11 Jul 2019

Just bought some AV1000 Passthrough (last week) and they didn't seem to pair either.

however they work perfectly so just plug them in connect to the router and whatever machine at the other end and they should just work fine.

Good service from Amazon free standard delivery and they arrived in less than 24hrs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:50 11 Jul 2019

PS other lights did not come on until I had a lan cable plugged in. you may find the same or you may have to have a wireless device in range

ponytail 13:52 11 Jul 2019

I ordered these yesterday morning from Ebay as I wanted a triple set for two laptops and they arrived this morning.24 delivery Will try what you suggested.So I plug one into the router and the other two into the two laptops is that all.Thanks

ponytail 13:58 11 Jul 2019

I forgot to ask do I plug one adapter into router before plugging in the other two or is it the other way round ie plug the adapters into the laptops and then connect to the router.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:33 11 Jul 2019

connect to router first then connect to laptop.

ponytail 16:43 11 Jul 2019

I have just what you suggested the adapter connected to the router has three lights showing as does the adapter connected to this laptop have not done the other laptop yet.Does that sound right

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:15 11 Jul 2019

Yes

ponytail 20:32 11 Jul 2019

Have just checked the third adapter and there are no lights showing and the other two adapters both still have three lights showing.Any idea what the problem maybe.Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:30 11 Jul 2019

Are the two talking to each other?

if so then pair the third with any of the other two.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)