PROBLEM IN OUTLOOK

alt 08:52 21 Jul 2003

Hi, When I try and download any new e-mails I am getting a box coming up asking me to "enter network password". This has not happenned before and I never have to do this. However when I try and cancel it my e-mail wont download,and when I try and enter the password the box just stays put on the screen, I have done a system restore, but I am getting the same problem. I am networking only 2 computers and have never come across this problem before. I am running Outlook NOT outlook express and use XP home as my OS...Thanks in advance Val.....

Lozzy 08:58 21 Jul 2003

If as you say this has only just started to happen, what have you done in altering any settings or what have you recently downloaded??

alt 09:16 21 Jul 2003

Hi, Thanks for you fast responce. I was tinkering with the network yesterday trying to access computer # 2 because whilst I can access computer # 1 from computer # 2 I cant seem to do it the other way round, so I have obviously messed things up doing this. However I have done a system restore to take the computer (# 1) back to before the tinkering!!!

Lozzy 09:55 21 Jul 2003

In XP click on Start>>control panel>>Admin tools>>Local security settings>>Local Policies>>security options.

Now scroll down till you come to Microsoft:allow access if its enabled then disable it. Then scroll down again till you see Network Security: Do Not Store and below that "Force Log off" make sure these are set to disabled..

If that does not fix it come back..

alt 10:36 21 Jul 2003

Hi Lozzy, I can find up to "Admin Tools", but then I cant find anything which says"local security settings" ?.....Val

rubella 11:22 21 Jul 2003

alt

following Lozzy's suggestion; try "local security policy" in administrative tools.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?