problem with newly built pc

pc mad 10:58 28 Mar 2004

hi i have just built my first pc all went well and it works perfectly, but when i go in to system information the details are incorrect, for instance, its shows the cpu as 850mhz when it should be 2.2ghz and it shows the ram as 224mb instead of 256mb, can any one tell me why this is please, my os is xp pro, thanks

GARAGELAD 11:03 28 Mar 2004

HI M8 HOW DID U GET YOUR PC TO WORK IM BUILD MY OWN PC BUT I CANT GET THE MONITOR TO WORK PLEASE CAN U HELP ME

HAVE I GOT TO DO ANY THINK WITH THE MOTHERBOARD
MY PC IS A P4 2.6G 478 PIN SOCKET

wossie 11:06 28 Mar 2004

Regarding the missing Ram, you most likely have onboard graphics and 32Mb of your system ram is shared/supporting the on board graphics. Have you set the cpu frequency speed in the BIOS the default is 100 you may have to set it to 133/166/200 depending on the frontside bus speed of your processor.

GARAGELAD 11:27 28 Mar 2004

HI M8

PLEASE CAN U HELP ME U GOT YOURS WORKING RIGHT PLEASE CAN U TELL ME HOW U DONE IT
MY MONITOR WONT WORK

HAVE I GOT TO DO ANY THINK WITH THE MOTHERBOARD

pc mad 11:50 28 Mar 2004

hi wossie, you were right about the ram there is an on board graphice accelerator, i looked in the bios and it reports that the cpu speed is 2,200, but it does say in the manuel for the mb that it will automatically detect the type of cpu installed and make the appropriate adjustmants, any more thoughts please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?