Problem with Loadqm

Border View 10:09 25 Nov 2003

I run Windows 98SE with AVG anti-virus and Zone Alarm as my firewall. When I booted up this morning I got the message

Loadqm – This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists contact the program vendor.

The details were – LOADQM caused a general protection fault in module USER.exe @ 0003:00000a5a.

Pressed to OK button and when I tried to go into Word got the BSOD with the message – A fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:C003E8C The current application will be terminated.

The whole system then froze and when I Cnt.Alt.Dlt noticed that Zone Alarm was not responding. I then had to press the restart button to get anywhere.

Can anyone please advise what went wrong and if there are any steps I should take to stop this happening again. I seem to remember the Loadqm think happened about a month ago.

Your help and reassurance would be appreciated.

Border View 14:17 25 Nov 2003

Sorry I've just got back to you. Many thanks for your responses. I have vague recollections that sometime in the past I went into misconfig and unticked loadqm in the start up.
Somehow it's returned.

I don't usually use Windows automatic update. Although I do sometimes use a Hotmail account.

Think I shall go and untick it and see how I can on.

Again many thanks for responding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

How the brilliant, moving Oscar-nominated film The Breadwinner was visually brought to life

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Pixel 3 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs