Problem with Firefox not working properly

Govan1x 08:58 08 Dec 2016
Answered

Deleted it and downloaded it about 6 times and it is still the same.

I have used revo uninstaller at setting 4 to remove it.

The Pc Advisor page says something like you have not got the correct permission etc and although the pages open there is something not right with it plus you cannot sign into PCA. and some pages not opening properly.

Tried another Forum that I sometime use and it unusable.

So at the moment I can see all the posts but it is as though Firefox is corrupt

Ok just had another thought as other forum is not working either would this problem be with my computer settings or not. Everything works fine using Internet Explorer.

Govan1x 09:11 08 Dec 2016

Should also say that I have run all my security programs and nothing has been found. Emsisoft.Eset. and Malwarebytes.

Tried to get into a few Firefox forums but all I get is Blue printing down the left hand side and not a proper page.

I did manage to get into one and followed something for fixing updates and my security program jumped in and stopped it from running. I got this then, Your connection is not secure.

So no idea as to what to do now.

Govan1x 09:43 08 Dec 2016

Thought that i would go into safe mode and try it and it works fine on there so not sure where that leaves me.

I have ran refresh umpteeen times and that does not help.

Govan1x 10:42 08 Dec 2016
Answer

Ok think I have fixed it.

I think it was Eset that was the problem but not 100% sure I tried disabling it and it did not make any difference then read that it could be an ssl problem, So checked Eset and SSL was enabled so I disabled it then enabled it again and tried to sign in to PCa and it did.

So if you ever have problems with Firefox or any browser probably maybe try your Security program to see if they use SSL and disable it and then enable it again. Seemed to have worked for me.

lets hope it lasts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch