WHEN I TRY SEND SOME EMAILS.
IT COMES BACK WITH THE MESSAGE
(THE THE MESSAGE COULD NOT BE SENT
BECAUSE ONE OF THE RECIPIENTS
WAS REJECTED BY THE SERVER
THE ===PROTOCOL.SMTP SERVER RESPONSE
:550 ADMINISTRATIVE PROHIBITION PORT 25
SECURE (SSL) NO SERVER ERROR .550. ERROR
NUMBER 0X800CCC79 I AM USING OUTLOOK EXPRESS.
I WOULD BE THANKFUL FOR YOUR HELP

octal 16:34 30 Jul 2005

It looks like you haven't set you outgoing smtp up correctly. What Internet service provider are you using? And is this a new account you are setting up?

bebo 16:51 30 Jul 2005

WANADOO IT IS AN OLD ACCOUNT

bebo 17:03 30 Jul 2005

ITS NOT AS IF I CANNOT SEND EMAILS AT ALL
MOST OF THEM I CAN SEND AND SOME I CANNOT.

octal 17:26 30 Jul 2005

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you have set the outgoing smtp correctly click here also make sure if you are using different email accounts on Outlook Express that they all go out via the smtp.wanadoo.co.uk

By the way could you turn your caps lock off please, you only write in capitals if you are shouting and I'm sure you don't intend that, thanks.

palinka 18:33 30 Jul 2005

I don't know the significance of that particular error number (tho there are some people in this forum who will know)but could it be something really simple like the person you've written to no longer uses that account so HIS server can't find him?
Does the problem occur randomly with ANY email address, or is it only certain addresses that give you this problem (ie. friends who use a particular ISP - BT , say, or Virgin, or whatever)

bebo 20:03 30 Jul 2005

my freind has bt broadband ,i got him to send me a email to get his email address,and that is what is happening,and i tryed to send a email to an other web site and the same happened,but an other freind has a wanadoo email and it sent it no problem could it be that it just sends to wanadoo emails.

DieSse 20:23 30 Jul 2005

You need to tick the box "my server requires authentification" under the Server tab in the account properties.

Then you'll get to send to non-wanadoo email addresses.

bebo 21:26 30 Jul 2005

try that did not help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?