Hot Topics

Problem with the driver for Local Area Connection

MCMSBre 11:46 13 Mar 2016

Hello,

So yesterday i woke up and turned my PC on to find out that i have a big red "X" on my connection thingy in the bottom right corner. When i tried to use the "Solve Problems" option i got this message: "There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Connection Adapter". I searched online on my phone to find some solutions. I found a couple:

-Update network adapter drivers

-Deinstall all those drivers and let windows install them again

-Tried connecting wirelessly, but once again i got the same problem (just this time it said "wireless something something 11 adapter)

-Tried using my ethernet cable on my laptop, it worked, it´s not in the cable

-Disabled and enabled Local Area Connection in the "Change Adapter Settings"

-Made sure TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6 are both on Auto

Nothing worked. In the end i decided to restore my PC to a couple of days ago. In those couple of days there were some Windows updates that got installed.

After restoring, my internet worked again. I decided to immediatly update my Network Adapter Drivers. Upon doing that my internet icon went crazy, one seccond i had internet the other not. Now that i think about it it was probably because those drivers were being installed. After that i restarted my PC a couple of times. On one restart those updates got installed (18 of them), but after every restart my internet worked. I am not sure if the problem is in those updates since the first time i got them installed it was about a week before my problem occured.

After all of that i posted my first cry for help online. I got one answer and the person told me to download and run "Tweaking Windows Repair". I downloaded it but i didn´t run it until today. The reason being, my internet worked, and a part of me thought (hoped) that the problem was gone... Oh silly me.

Today i turned on my PC with fear, unfortunately my fear was justified. Same thing. First thing i tried was restoring my PC again, so that i can at least have internet access and start working on the solution. The problem is, this time it didn´t let me go that far back, it only gave me the option to go back to yesterday. I did that, but this time it did not work.

Then i decided to use the "Tweaking" program. It finished, problem was still there. I did it again, since it said that they recommend doing it twice. Still nothing. After that i decided to manually deinstall all updates that windows installed for this month. I managed to deinstall everything (even microsoft .net framework, which i don´t know if it´s good or bad). The only thing i was not able to deinstall was "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (15.010.20060)", but only because it didn´t let me do that.

I honestly have no idea what to do next, and i hope some of you have the solution.

My IPCONFIG /ALL:

Windows IP Configuration

host name..............................: user-pc

primary dns suffix....................: (blank)

node type...............................: hybrid

ip routing enabled....................: no

wins proxy enabled..................: no

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

media state.............................: media disconnected

connection-specific dns suffix.....: (blank)

description...............................: teredo tunneling pseudo-interface

physical address.......................: 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

dhcp enabled............................: no

autoconfiguration enabled..........: yes

I have no idea what any of this is, but i saw some people do it so i did it as well. The only thing i think i know is that DHCP should be enabled, and i did that, i´ve put TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6 on auto. Unless there is another way to enable DHCP.

So there it is, I hope some of you know what the problem is, and hopefully it can be fixed. If more information is needed i am more than happy to provide it.

System spec:

Windows 7 Ultimate

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz

RAM: 8,00 GB (7,89 GB Usable)

64-bit OS

Thank you.

Svol 19:03 14 Mar 2016

Presume you are attempting to connect via the Onboard Ethernet Adapter and you have downloaded the latest drivers from the manufacturers website?

What is the Manufacture type and Model number of your Computer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 4a review

Apple updates the 27-inch iMac for 2020 with 10th-gen chips and a new screen

Greg Joswiak replaces Phil Schiller as Apple SVP of Marketing

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour animaux (2020)