Problem with Belkin 2 poty KVM switch F1DL102Puk

elwern1 16:26 10 Nov 2006

I have two computers A - NOTE Mesh Elite2 D940, Intel Duo - (the main one) and B.

No matter how I connect the leads ie PC1 lead to A and PC2 lead to B, or change the leads around ie. PC1 to B and PC2 to A the switch will ALWAYS default to computer B, no matter how the leads are connected. I can then switch between computers, but I would ideally like to only switch my main computer and switch B on when necessary.

Any help or advice would be appreciated as my cousin has this IDENTICAL problem with an AMD Athlon CPU as well.

I wondered if it could be due to BIOS settings as BOTH machines are Mesh units, but of different types.

I had this problem on an Edimax KVM switch, I assumed it was faulty. It obviously wasn't.

One point I have noticed. When machine B is connected, switched ON but NOT running, on attaching the keyboard PS2 the switch immediately lights up but this does NOT happen on either of the M esh machines. Also the broadband external modem will light up when machine B is in that condtion but it will not on either of the Mesh machines.

I am not blaming the Mesh machines (which are great) but there must be a setting/switch etc. which needs adjusting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)