I have just come across a wee problem when trying to go to the Contact e mail address for a site. When clicking on the e mail address, normally, Outlook fires up and I can scribe an e mail Suddenly I am now getting this error message:- "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed." Equally so, when I click on the mail icon in IE7, I get this message:-"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
I have changed over from Outlook to Outlook Express and get the same message there!
I am on XP SP2 and IE7 but OE6. Outlook is the 2000 version. Both OE and Outlook work fine on their own. To my knowledge, they are both up to date, because Windows does its' update automatically.
I've tried the one in The link in my post above and that did not change anything. I have also had a look at the second half of the information in my link, and my registry appears to be the same as that is saying with one or two small variations that may be to do with the fact that I am using XP with SP2.