Hot Topics

Problem with 5GHz network band on my pc.

Segnos 14:24 29 May 2019

So a few days ago a windows "driver" update came with like 20ish driver updates. My wifi driver was one of them. Now for the past few days i have been experiencing some problems with the 5GHz network. The problems are that out of nowhere my pc disconnects from the 5GHz network and it just disappears from the list completely until computer is restarted or the driver is reinstalled/roll-backed/updated. I know that this is not problem with the internet itself because the 5GHz network still appears on the other devices with no problems at all.

I have tried reseting router and everything, but doesn't fix the problem. I've tried to rollback and update the driver again, but it hasn't helped. I also noticed that on one of the "network" drivers was disabled for some reason and (i enabled it) had the tickbox "let windows disable this to save power" ticked. I unticked that and thought that it would fix the problem. Couple hours later the problem still appeared.

I'd appreciate any help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP's ZBook Firefly is a genuine MacBook Pro rival

Megan Thee Stallion's Aeon Flux-inspired music video is the perfect lockdown tonic

iPhone hackers have had access to iOS 14 'since February'

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans