Printing problems in Windows 10

RISC OS user 17:00 02 Aug 2018
Answered

I use a program called UNIPRINT.EXE which allows the Virtual Acorn program which runs on windows and simulates an Acorn RiscPC, to be able to print from the Virtual Acorn, Uniprint must be running in Windows and it passes the data to Windows to print to any printer connected to the Windows PC. The Problem is that since the latest Windows 10 update about a week ago the program is ignored by Windows 10 when the computer starts up or if the Uniprint.EXE is double clicked. This program has been compatible with most Windows OS's up to and including Windows 10. The Trouble Shooter advises running in a compatible mode, by why when it was find last week!

RISC OS user 16:49 03 Aug 2018

The problem has not resolved. I do not know how, but.....!

wee eddie 17:16 03 Aug 2018

You've clicked "This is the answer" and then said that it has not been solved.

Better untick it

rdave13 17:29 03 Aug 2018

The problem has not resolved. I do not know how, but.....!

Most probably has been resolved by a reboot and Risc made a slight mistake in his answer :)

wee eddie 17:47 03 Aug 2018

Unfortunately I failed to read between the lines

RISC OS user 10:28 04 Aug 2018
Answer

Yes I did make a mistake, thank you for picking this up. The problem is resolved.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Threadripper 2990WX review

New Nvidia graphics cards offer 'industry-changing' real-time raytracing on your computer for the…

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Les meilleurs téléphones portables basiques (2018)