Printing garbage

1832bchs 15:57 31 Oct 2003

My Epson 895 has suddenly started printing pages of garbled text. I have uninstalled and re-installed making sure the drivers are up to date but still not printing properly. If I try to print a test page it prints the windows xp logo OK, then prints the driver details but spread across about 5 pages with a load of blank sheets as well. Is it time for a new printer?

Agent Smith 16:35 31 Oct 2003

Have you made sure that your printer cables are securely attached. Poor cable connection can lead to garbled printing.

Diemmess 17:39 31 Oct 2003

Have in the past had similar troubles when in a panic to stop printing, I switched the power off to the printer, mid flight.

It can clear by allowing it to print out its spite using lots of any old paper, reused stuff if you like ............... but perhaps this doesn't apply to you.... just thought I'd say!

1832bchs 09:08 01 Nov 2003

Have checked cables, and have let it do it's worst,spewing out sheet after sheet but no luck. Ah well, trip to PC World coming up.

1832bchs 10:06 01 Nov 2003

It's always the simple things isn't it? As a last resort I have changed the USB cable and hey presto, perfect prints!!!!

Agent Smith 10:09 01 Nov 2003

Aahhhhhhh

Diemmess 10:22 01 Nov 2003

As you imply, it's always the thing you didn't think of!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?