printing a DOS screen

Legolas 18:53 24 Oct 2003

Is there a way of printing a DOS screen. When I boot into the a: prompt with a boot up floppy there is text I would like to print out. I tried using the 'print screen' key but it did'nt appear to work.

Legolas 19:11 24 Oct 2003

It might be a problem with XP I imagine. I,ll give it another go with printscreen.

woodchip 19:21 24 Oct 2003

XP is not true DOS it is imitation, if you press print screen try pasting into Word processor

Legolas 19:28 24 Oct 2003

Thanks for the replies. VoG when you say you printed the command prompt screen was this the a: prompt screen or the command prompt within win XP?

Legolas 19:30 24 Oct 2003

woodchip I tried booting into the a: prompt from floppy and using print screen and pasting it into MS Word but it does'nt work.

graham√ 19:40 24 Oct 2003

Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt. Have Word open on the taskbar. 'prt scr', open Word and paste.

Legolas 19:47 24 Oct 2003

graham√ I know how to do a normal printscreen the problem is I want to print the screen you get when you boot in to the a: prompt from a floppy boot up disk. The printscreen option does not appear to work.

Legolas 19:51 24 Oct 2003

Pesala I am beginning to think you are right, I have an epsom USB printer so it will not print straight to the printer from that screen.

Pencil and paper.... I have heard of it but I,m not sure what it is ;-)

graham√ 19:51 24 Oct 2003

Sorry, I should have known you knew how to do it. So, Djohns hypothesis is likely to be the reason.

Legolas 19:55 24 Oct 2003

graham√ Your right it looks like it cannot be done....computers they are hopeless ;-)

woodchip 20:34 24 Oct 2003

Just come back on and it's nice to see Flecc, Also is answer is correct. USB is no good in DOS for printer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf