Printing direct to CD/DVD. How long does it take

pj123 16:03 12 Aug 2005

dry?

I am now using my Epson R200 to it's fullest extent. ie. printing direct to CD/DVD as well as paper.

Seems an awful long time to dry though. All my previous printing to paper products were always "Instant Dry".

Shouldn't the CD/DVDs be instant dry as well?

ACOLYTE 16:06 12 Aug 2005

It maybe you have the ink setting up to high,or you are print quality to high for the paper you are using.

Sapins 16:11 12 Aug 2005

Basic question I know, but, are you using the special CD's for printing on?

€dstowe 16:11 12 Aug 2005

You may be using the wrong finish CD/DVD. The ones I print are dry in about a minute (not much longer than paper).

Ensure you are not using thermal print CD/DVD media where inkjet ink never dries properly.

pj123 16:24 12 Aug 2005

Yep, the CD/DVDs are inkjet printable.

The printer is set to "Manual" and I have two options for print quality. "CD/DVD" or "CD/DVD Premium Surface". I have selected CD/DVD.

pj123 16:33 12 Aug 2005

Sorry, ACOLYTE. The bit about paper products may have been misleading. All paper products I use on this printer are still "instant dry". It's just the CD/DVDs that seem to take a long time to dry.

pj123 16:34 12 Aug 2005

Sorry, ACOLYTE. The bit about paper products may have been misleading. All paper products I use on this printer are still "instant dry". It's just the CD/DVDs that seem to take a long time to dry.

€dstowe 16:54 12 Aug 2005

I find this very odd. I have two R200 printers and one R300 which we use for printing DVDs and, as I said above, they behave much like paper in their drying times.

I would double check that the disks you are using are for inkjet use.

One point, though. Are you using geniune inks or compatibles? It may just be that there is something strange about the ink (can't think what, though).

pj123 17:28 12 Aug 2005

€dstowe, I have always used compatible cartridges from Choice Stationery once the originals have run out. Never had any problems before.

I have double checked the media. The Cds are Gigatain Inkjet Printable CD-R 700mb 80 Min and the DVDs are Piodata DVD-R Inkjet Printable 4.7gb.

All bought from my local supplier at:

click here

€dstowe 18:07 12 Aug 2005

I've not used either of those brands but it might be an idea to contact your supplier to see if he has any comments or suggestions.

Very strange!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?