Printing addresses from Excel worksheet

exdragon 18:12 29 Mar 2006

Hi - at work, I produce invoices in Excel and would like to know if I can print the addresses directly on to envelopes as you can in Word.

I know - it'd be easier to put the address in the appropriate place for a window envelope, but the letterhead is too deep (we can't change it - don't ask, it's a definite no!!)

I also know I can print labels, but just want to know if it can be done the other way.

pj123 18:26 29 Mar 2006

Well I use Window envelopes but I will give what you want to do a try and see what happens. I am pretty sure it must be possible to it.

johnnyrocker 18:30 29 Mar 2006

is mail merge a possibility?

exdragon 18:31 29 Mar 2006

Thanks - I've spent so much time that it would have been quicker to do the envelopes by hand, in Copperplate. It's just bugging me! I've even tried copying & pasting to Word, but I can only print the first line of the address, and it makes no difference if I merge the address cells or not.

I'v got to go out now, but will check later - fingers crossed that you can make me a happy soul....

VoG II 18:58 29 Mar 2006

I've never tried it but click here might help.

terryf 19:02 29 Mar 2006

you could try saving the workbook as a txt or csv file and then import that into Word

lindyloo4 19:15 29 Mar 2006

I've found this, don't know if it will help click here

exdragon 23:17 29 Mar 2006

It looks as if VoG™'s suggestion may work, I'll giive it a try tomorrow.

I've just had a thought that if it doesn't, I could do away with Excel & do the invoices in Word, but Excel is handier as I have all the worksheets together, one invoice per sheet.

brambles 15:55 30 Mar 2006

at the bottom 'File of Type' from the drop down menu Select MS EXCEL WORKBOOK

Hope that helps I use it a lot for my Church
secretarial functions. You must have headers in the Excel Sheet.

Always more than one way
Select the Excel Workshop Page
Paste it into a new Word Document - where it will appear in tables. Make sure you have headings and do an ordiary Mail Merge from there.

You decide

exdragon 22:32 31 Mar 2006

Thanks, Brambles, but it isn't a normal list of names and addresses, it's individual invoices, on separate worksheets. The macro seems to work best, but it's a bit fiddly and I keep forgetting to reset the page size to A4.

Oh well, perhaps sledgehammer to crack a walnut scenario.

Thanks to all anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?