Printer problems after getting new router

collinsc 20:29 02 Jan 2019

Hi all

My dads router recently packed up (BT Home hub 2.0) so i bought an exact replacement and connected PC to it and the printer. all sorted... so i thought...

The next day my dad said that the printer (Epson ET-2550) was printing very slowly, so we contacted Epson and did some troubleshooting - tried to print from my iphone... and was told that as that wasnt working properly that i should contact BT...

The Epson chap said i needed to check: 1- that the router is 2.4 ghz and not a 5 (as printer cant work with 5) 2- make sure printer is on network channel 1,5,11

can i check the channel myself somehow? any advice appreciated, id rather not have to ring BT!

Cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:53 02 Jan 2019

Type 192.168.1.254 into your Browser address bar - choose settings tab - wireless tab - scroll down and you will see your current wireless channel.

collinsc 17:20 03 Jan 2019

thanks! have found it- printer working faster now... but it looks like the font isnt as black... obvious thing is the ink needs refilling but we've done that... is it possible this is still a connectivity issue? same thing happened when we scanned something.. the boldness wasnt the same as the scan once printed

lindabelt 08:25 04 Jan 2019

Try this, hope it works:First log into the router’s settings.then Choose Wireless-> Professional tab.after Make the following change:-Airtime Fairness: Disable

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?