Printer problems after getting new router

collinsc 20:29 02 Jan 2019

Hi all

My dads router recently packed up (BT Home hub 2.0) so i bought an exact replacement and connected PC to it and the printer. all sorted... so i thought...

The next day my dad said that the printer (Epson ET-2550) was printing very slowly, so we contacted Epson and did some troubleshooting - tried to print from my iphone... and was told that as that wasnt working properly that i should contact BT...

The Epson chap said i needed to check: 1- that the router is 2.4 ghz and not a 5 (as printer cant work with 5) 2- make sure printer is on network channel 1,5,11

can i check the channel myself somehow? any advice appreciated, id rather not have to ring BT!

Cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:53 02 Jan 2019

Type 192.168.1.254 into your Browser address bar - choose settings tab - wireless tab - scroll down and you will see your current wireless channel.

collinsc 17:20 03 Jan 2019

thanks! have found it- printer working faster now... but it looks like the font isnt as black... obvious thing is the ink needs refilling but we've done that... is it possible this is still a connectivity issue? same thing happened when we scanned something.. the boldness wasnt the same as the scan once printed

lindabelt 08:25 04 Jan 2019

Try this, hope it works:First log into the router’s settings.then Choose Wireless-> Professional tab.after Make the following change:-Airtime Fairness: Disable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the Huawei Mate 30 launch live: Munich, September 19

Pantone has invented 294 new colours

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Google Pixel 4 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs