Printer problem

Spanish Johnny 08:49 23 Mar 2003

My printer has recently begun to act strangely, the colours are all wrong; blue comes out as pink, green comes out yellow and so on. Does anybody know why?
Printer is:HP Deskjet 940c and I'm running Windows XP Pro.
Checked the ink levels in the cartridges and the black is about 1/4 full the colour just over 1/2.

devindera 09:09 23 Mar 2003

I HAD THIS PRINTER FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS, HAD BEEN WORKING FINE UNDER WINDOWS 98. I HAVE UPGRADED TO WINDOWS XP LAST YEAR AS I BOUGHT DELL P4 2.53 MHZ SYTEM WITH WIN XP.

NOW THERE IS PROBLEM OF FINDING DRIVERD TO WORK WITH WIN XP. I HAVE LOADED NEW DRIVERS FROM ESPON SITE, DRVIVERS FOR WINDOS 2000, AS THERE ARE NO DRIVERS FOR XP. THE PRINTER DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY, AS THE PRING QUALITY, EVEN WITH NEW CARTRIDGES IS VERY VERY POOR.

SECOND PROBLES IS THAT WHEN I TRY TO UPGRADE XP HOME TO XP PROFESSIONAL, IT FAILS, WITH THE ERROR. NOW WHEN I START THE SYSTEM, IT LOADS THE XP PRO, ENDING WITH THE ERROR, & IA HAVE TO PRESS F8 TO MANUALLY CHOOSE XP HOME.

ANY SUGESSIONS PLEASE.

DEVINDER BABA
[email protected]

DieSse 11:25 23 Mar 2003

Probably the printer has run out of one of the colours. The only practical first step is to try a new cartridge.

Peter 11:30 23 Mar 2003

I think your inkjet heads might be blocked and need cleaning. Your printer properties should show a utilities panel with head cleaning as one of the options.

Peter.

Spanish Johnny 13:46 23 Mar 2003

Thank you, I was hoping to avoid that 'cause of the cost of cartridges, but looks like I'll have to.
Thanks again

Derick 13:52 23 Mar 2003

I have recently rebuilt me desktop PC and installed Win2000 Pro, and Office 2000. Since then, I've experienced intermittent problems with printing (mainly graphics files / with 512 Mg RAM and a 2.1 Gig processor).

The problem arises when (usually the first) printing prints a few passes at the top of the page, then ejects. Also, the handling of frames which was fine with Win95SE an dWord 95, is fine on screen preview, but totally chaotic when printed.

Has anyone a solution please. The latest download driver that I've been able to locate from HP doesn't appear to solve the problem adequately.
Thanks
Derick

Spanish Johnny 13:57 23 Mar 2003

Tried cleaning the heads but still getting the same results, I'll have to try new cartridges.
Thanks for your help

kool 20:28 07 Apr 2003

Hey Johnny,
I'm having exactly the same problem with my 940C HP. I've had a replacement printer, uninstalled software and new cartridges but still come out the same.

Paul (UK)

Spanish Johnny 23:18 07 Apr 2003

To Kool, I've installed new cartridges and the printer is now back to normal, sorry, I know this is no help to you, I should have marked this thread resolved. Good luck with your problem.

woodchip 23:41 07 Apr 2003

Have you tried a test page from Start\Settings\Printers\ right click your printer and choose properties then click on print test page

woodchip 23:42 07 Apr 2003

PS make shure that air can get into the top of the cartridge use a pin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?